A LITTLE TEST
In each of the following sentences, choose the correct pronoun.
Give reasons for each choice.
1. Is he the friend of (who, whom) you speak?
2. Are they the relatives (who, whom) you visited?
3. I do not know the girls (who, whom) we passed.
4. He is a man for (who, whom) I have great respect.
5. He is a mechanic (who, whom) my father works with.
6. She is the girl (who, that) sang so well.
7. The teacher praised the students (whose, who’s) desks were tidy.
8. Anyone (who, whom) you choose may go with us.
9. They are people (who, whom) we know well.
10. Find and correct the sentence above that needs to be rewritten.
The word for for today is “impassionate“.
Define “impassionate” and use it in a sentence.
CORRECTIONS & EXPLANATIONS
Corrections and explanations for this week’s entries will be posted Sunday.