SURPRISE! TEST TIME!
Label each of the following sentences as simple, complex, compound or compound-complex. List a reason for each choice.
1. The horse ran the race in record time.
2. I raised the window, and a bat flew into the room.
3. He arrived home early and went directly to his room.
4. I worked during the holidays because I needed the money.
5. The man who sent you is my friend.
6. He asked why you were absent, and I replied that I did not know.
7. I know that you have given me good advice and I promise that I will not disappoint you.
8. A wise man is one who never tells all that he knows.
9. Great dykes hold back the water in Holland.
10. I did not sleep well because I was excited over the game.
The word for today is “languid“.
What part of speech is “languid“?
Define “languid” and use it in a sentence.
CORRECTIONS & EXPLANATIONS
Corrections and explanations for this week’s entries will be posted Saturday.
There will be no postings next week, November 9- 13, 2009.
Posts will resume November 16, 2009.
If you need a grammar fix, check the archives; there are over 700 postings you can review.