VERBALS – TEST TIME
This week, three verbals, “participles”, “gerunds” and “infinitives” have been presented to you.
Today is your chance to practice your understanding of verbals.
The following sentences all contain at least one verbal.
Identify and explain the complete function of each verbal.
1. We saw children gathering flowers.
2. She is skilful in making flower designs.
3. We managed to get there on time.
4. Making watches requires skilled workers.
5. To know him is to admire him.
6. A fire started by campers did much damage.
The word for today is “innocuous”.
What part of speech is “innocuous”?
Define “innocuous” and use it in a sentence.
Try to use “innocuous” in your speech today.
CORRECTIONS & EXPLANATIONS
Corrections and explanations for this week’s entries will be posted tomorrow, Friday.
Remember that Monday will be the first “MONDAY PUN DAY”.
Click in to enjoy the fun. Be prepared to laugh and groan.
Hopefully, you will offer your own puns-for-fun for publication.